There are many reasons why fishermen prefer Hand-Tied Skirts.
- Mr B Lure Co creates its skirt patterns to have a top, bottom, and sides. Those color patterns need to stay put and Hand-Tying is the way to accomplish this.
- Rubber Collars will rot away over time. Mr B Lure Co ties with Kevlar Thread and it will outlast the life of any jig or skirt.
- Rubber Collars allow skirt strands to pull out, in addition to the skirt rotating around the collar, leaving your skirt thin and out of place.
- A Hand-Tied Skirt will not slide down the hook when a bait is slapped on the water to clear weeds or on a hard hook-set.
- Unlike Rubber Collars and Wire wraps, Hand-Tied Kevlar thread is super thin in diameter so each wrap goes on top of the previous wrap which allows for a much narrower collar and better flair of the skirt, instead of pushing the shirt up toward the head and down toward the hook like collars and wire wrap do.